How To Choose A Martial Arts School
1. Visit the school to observe a class and ask the staff if you or your child can take a free trial lesson.
2. Ask the members and parents how long they have been at the school, how they like it, what they like about it and how it has affected them or their child.
3. Find out the background of the instructors - how long have they been practicing and studying martial arts, do they have a degree in martial arts or physical education and are they a certified instructor.
4. The school should offer a world recognized black belt. It should not come from that school but from an organization such as the World Taekwondo Federation.
5. The children’s class should be a good blend of fun and martial arts training. It should be a joint decision instead of just the child’s.